National Grid is a leader in encouraging STEM related initiatives. They have made significant investments in existing STEM programming in Chautauqua County by making funding available to build programs’ capacity for the purpose of:
- Establishing and promoting a continuum of STEM offerings year-round for all age levels serving individuals in the Dunkirk/Fredonia area.
- Improving awareness of programming and its relevance to regional employment.
- Creating and supporting sustainable STEM-education opportunities with maximized stakeholder involvement (students, parents, teachers, career-plan influencers, employers, nonprofit agencies) serving individuals in the Dunkirk/Fredonia region of the County.
- Demonstrating a connection to STEM focus job opportunities in the Dunkirk/Fredonia region.
- Demonstrating a connection to local business and local business involvement in the region.
To Apply for a National Grid STEM Grant:
- Download and complete the National Grid STEM Grant Application.
- Please limit any additional supportive documentation to two pages.
- Send an electronic version or mail a copy to:
The Chautauqua County Education Coalition
Justin Hanft, Director
512 Falconer Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Grants awarded will not exceed $3,500. Contact Justin Hanft with any questions.